Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 Features and Flashing Guide
Are you looking for an a great tips and a complete guide on how to flash Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 STOCK ROM also known as Firmware , well Android Crawl will help you with that, and we will list first all the great feature’s that this Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 android device below.
Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 Quick Specs
Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
Primary 13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
Video 1080p@30fps, check quality
Secondary 5 MP, f/1.9, LED flash
Removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
Talk time Up to 23 h (3G)
Music play Up to 96 h
Dimensions 151.7 x 76 x 7.8 mm (5.97 x 2.99 x 0.31 in)
Weight 170 g (6.00 oz)
SIM Single SIM (Micro-SIM) or Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.5 inches (~72.3% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi pixel density)
OS Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617
Exynos 7870 Octa
CPU Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 405
Performance Basemark OS II: 999 / Basemark OS II 2.0: 1007
Basemark X: 11199
Display Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal), 3.902 (sunlight)
Camera Photo / Video
Loudspeaker Voice 64dB / Noise 71dB / Ring 68dB
Audio quality Noise -92.4dB / Crosstalk -92.3dB
Endurance rating 101h
Things You Need To Have for Rooting
- Your Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) device, PC, USB Cable
- Make sure you backup first all your data before doing this process, it might lost your data and apps installed
- Battery must at least 50% or more to avoid interruption
- Download Firmware or Stock ROM here, and Odin Tool by Sammobile
- Samsung Galaxy J5 USB Drivers Download to Android MTK Page
- Presence of mind and knowledge about flashing Stock ROM.
It is very important that you download the compatible Stock ROM or firmware foraccordingg to your model number if you are unsure how to check it just go to your Settings>About Phone and go find the model number after checking the model number download the Stock ROM that is compatible with your device model number,if you are done downloading all necessary files for flashing stock ROM then you can now proceed to the step we will list below.
This process is for those who wanted to get back to orignal state of their device after trying to root and flashing some custom ROM, this will also a good solution on restoring your warranty void,
By installing the process below you agree that we are not responsible for any problem you might encountered during the process, this is one of the main solution when you got soft bricked or hard bricked as long as your device detect by odin tool, but you do it at your own risk. if you are not sure what to do then then follow this step, in some cases there are lot of users that get this process successfully so follow the step correctly.
Flash Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 STOCK ROM Complete Guide
- First is of course you need to install the USB driver from your PC and make sure you perform a full backup for your device because flashing stock ROM will restore settings and apps and delete installed apps from your device.
- Extract Odin Tool you download earlier.
- Extract Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 Stock ROM and you will see a file with .tar.md5
- Turn Off Your Device and boot it to download mode (Long Press Power Button + Home Key + Volume Down)
- If you see a warning sign just press once the volume up to proceed in download mode.
- After that go to your PC open the Odin Tool you extracted earlier, just double-click the .exe file to open the Odin Tool application.
- Insert the USB cable to your Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 and then connect it to your PC while opening the Odin tool it will automatically detect your device (if not please google USB Driver and repeat the process) and you will see an indication from Odin Tool that your device is detected by Odin Tool (See image below).
- Now you remember we extracted the Firmware or Stock ROM earlier just click the AP from Odin Tool and locate the .tar.md5 file from where you extraced the Stock ROM from your PC and hit okay to load.
- You will see an option make sure you untick or ucheck the re-partition just check only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Please recheck your seup from Odin Tool and make sure that you did not miss any steps, when you feel its all set and ready to go click the START button to begin flashing the Stock ROM.START button to begin flashing the Stock ROM.
- Do Not interrupt the flashing process until you see the green color from the top corner of Odin Tool the says PASS, now if you see that it means that flashing of STOCK ROM or Firmware is done.
- Now when its done your Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 will automatically restart just wait until its done and you see that your device is woking you can now use it.
- If you have more question then please leave a comment below if you need help.
Some Reasons of doing this process is listed below.
- Soft Brick or Hard Brick
- Remove Custom Recovery to Default
- UnRoot your Samsung Galaxy J7 2016
- Upgrade or Downgrade
Credits: XDA, SAMMOBILE, and THEANDROIDSOUL
You can also Try: