Galaxy S9 was recently released and the popular topic as of now is how to root this device, well here we are giving you a step by step guide on how to do it.
Note: Android Crawl is not responsible for any damage or issues you might encounter this rooting process is tested to thousand users so Root your device at your own RISK.
How To Install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S9
Well if you are new to development of Android then you must take this process seriously, in order for you to successfully root your device, but first things first download the important files and read the instruction provided here carefully, to avoid any problem.
Samsung Galaxy S9 USB Driver
We need to install the Samsung Galaxy USB Driver first before doing any process, this is essential to perform installing TWRP recovery successfully, download the USB driver and install it to your PC or laptop.
Important Thing to Do Before Rooting Your Device
- Perform a Full-backup of your data, there are lots of backup apps like titanium backup, helium and many more, some of the apps required rooting access to fully perform backup some of it is available for non-rooted users, this process will wipe out your data so please perform a backup first.
- Ensure that you have at least 80% of Battery to avoid any issues.
- Better sync your data lie phonebooks and photos.
- Download Required Files Provided.
- Enable the USB Debugging to follow the steps provided.
- Rooting Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Step by Step Guide (Tutorial)
- Rooting Samsung Galaxy J2 2017 Without Using PC (Tutorial)
- Rooting Oppo F7 Without Using PC (Tutorial)
Steps by Step Guide for Flashing TWRP Recovery
After you perform all the important things we listed above you are now ready to start flashing the TWRP Recovery.
- Turn-Off your Samsung Galaxy S9 and boot it to Download Mode simply follow the steps below
– While the phone is off Press and Hold Key Volume Down + Bixby + Power Button wait until you see a warning message then press the Volume Up to proceed into Download Mode.
- Extract the Odin Tool application you downloaded earlier using your PC and Open/run it.
- Install USB Driver
- Open the Odin Tool and while it is open, go and connect your USB cable while your Smartphone S9 is currently in download MODE.
- Importantly make sure you see that Odin Tool detected your device, just check this at the top left corner below the ID:COM once you see some data (Added!!) and the box below of it is blue then it means your device is detected, if not please remove the USB cable and re-install the USB Driver.
- On the Odin Tool app while your S9 is connected click the button AP and locate the file .tar (TWRP file) and hit ok to load it.
- Make sure that you uncheck the Auto Reboot.
- Make sure that Reset Time is check.
- Review all the steps above and once you are sure to hit the START button to begin the TWRP flashing, do not touch or remove your phone while flashing is on progress, just wait until the process is completed.
- Once flashing of TWRP is completed you can now turn off again your device/remove your battery and boot now your device to TWRP custom recovery simply press and hold the key Volume Up + Bixby + Power Button
- Once you see the TWRP released the key and tap WIPE then tap the Format Data.
- Once Data Wipe is completed tap reboot to restart booting to recovery mode.
- Next, Download the no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0-star .zip and place it on your SD card or internal storage.
- Now Turn-off again your device and boot to TWRP custom recovery same process, once you are in TWRP just tap INSTALL and locate the no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0-star .zip to flash it, once done reboot your device and now TWRP is initialized and fully functional at this stage.
Guide on Rooting Samsung Galaxy S9 after Flashing TWRP Recovery
This process we will now start the process on rooting your device via TWRP, well first thing’s first Download the N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices .zip (52.9MB) and then place it to your Internal Storage or SD Card.
- Turn-Off device and boot again to TWRP custom Recovery.
- Tap Install and browse N965F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices .zip then start flash.
- During the flashing, there will be some prompt that would ask your confirmation just tap YES for OEM Patch and Root with SuperSU.
- Once completed, reboot your device and your Samsung Galaxy S9 is now rooted.
To ensure that your device is rooted, download the root checker and check if your device is successfully rooted.