How To Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Xiaomi is not really popular in Asia but I tell you Xiaomi is one of the best Android Phones you must have, because of its good quality of Smartphones and with a cool MIUI look and feel inside, so what are you going to learn right now is the process on how you can install or flash TWRP and then root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime in an easy steps that we will be going to provide here, so if you are looking this for a long time well this is for you.
What is TWRP?
TWRP is a custom recovery tool in-order for those advanced users who love customizing there device by simple flashing custom ROM, or even flashing tweaks to improve their device using this Custom recovery and one of the most popular custom recoveries is called “TWRP custom recovery“.
Required Before Anything Else
- First is to setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC – you can refer here
- Next is to Enable developers Option.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers – you can refer here
- Enable OEM Unlocking by simply navigating to your Android Settings > Developer Options.
- Unlock your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime’s bootloader.
- The Battery percentage has at-least 60 to 80% remaining to avoid any issues or interruption during the process.
Download Important Files
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime with the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP IMG and save it in the same directory where you setup Fastboot / ADB. Rename the file to recovery.img.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Now, in the command window type in the following commands one by one.
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot reboot recovery
- That’s it! Your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime shall boot into TWRP recovery mode now.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
- First of all download SuperSU.zip and Locate Lazyflasher, and copy both of them to the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your phone from your computer.
- In TWRP recovery menu, tap on Install >> Install Image >> Locate Lazyflasher >> Select this file and swipe the screen to flash.
- After flashing Lazyflasher gets back to TWRP main menu.
- Now again tap Install >> Local and select SuperSU.zip file >> swipe the screen to flash.
- Flashing SuperSU will actually root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Reboot your device now.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime, to ensure that you are already rooted you can download the ROOT CHECKER APPS from Google Play Store it is free to install the app.