Root Samsung Galaxy A7 Tutorial
We are going to guide you how you can root Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) via SuperSU, and this is one of the most effective rooting guides for A7 2017 users, take note that by rooting your device you agree some circumstances like void your warranty or encountered bootloop, but this guide works fine if you follow the instructions carefully.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) has a big difference to the previous version because it has more cool features added like 16 megapixel camera (front and back), with internal storage of 32GB, CPU Octa-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A53 and GPU Mali-T830MP3, there are so many more interesting features of this device to learn more better visit one of the popular specs sites visit the full specs for Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017).
- [TUT] How To Root J7 Max + 7.0 Nougat Tutorial
- [TUT] Root J5 Prime + 6.0 Marshmallow for SM-G570F and SM-G570Y
- [ROM] How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Nougat 7.0
Rooting your device will void its warranty and Android Crawl Blog will not be responsible for any damage during the rooting procedure, so do it at your own risk.
Before you start rooting your device make sure that you download all the required files for rooting and that you have also a PC or Laptop, Odin Tool, Samsung USB Driver, USB Cable for your device, must have 70% of battery capacity to avoid rooting interruption and of course presence of mind.
Advantage of Rooting
- Tweak Device
- Overclock Device
- Flash Custom ROM or Customize Firmware
- Install Apps that needs root permission
- Customize Default Keyboard and Messages
- Use Gravity BOX
Disadvantage of Rooting
- Void Warranty
Steps to Enable Developers Option
- Open Your Device and navigate or go to your Settings
- Just scroll down and you will see the About Device option
- if you are Samsung user you will need to scroll down again and find the Software info option and tap on it, and if not just find the option that says Build number.
- Now tap the Build number option 5 times or until you see the indication that says “You are now a developer”.
- After that just tap back to the main settings panel and you will now see the Developer options at the top of About device.
Steps to Enable USB Debugging
- Open You Device and navigate or go to your Settings and Scroll down at the bottom to see About Phone
- Find Software information> Build Number and then Tap on it 7 times until you see a popup that says “You are now a developer” and then go back to main menu settings and at the bottom near About Phone, you will see a Developers Options. (skip if you already do this)
- Tap to Open the Developer Options and then find the toggle button USB debugging, after that just tick to enable and you’re done, you need also to enable OEM unlock at Developers option.
Download Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) Rooting Files
- CWMR custom recovery for Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) – We need this since we are going to flash SuperSU zip files using CWMR custom Recovery
- Odin Tool 3.09 – We need this since we are going to use this tool to install or flash CWMR for your A7 (2017).
- SuperSU Zip File Package – This is the file we need to your device.
- Samsung USB Driver – This is essential in order for your Computer or laptop detect the mobile device when using Odin Tool.
Step 1: How To Install or Flash ClockworkMode Recovery (CWMR)
So before we can flash the SuperSU zip file package to root device we need to have a custom recovery since this is required to complete the rooting procedure, follow the steps below carefully.
- Download Samsung USB Driver then install it to your PC or Laptop.
- Extract Odin Tool and Open or Run the application
- Turn Off your device then boot to Download Mode simply press Power + Home Key + Volume Down a warning message will show just ignore it then released the key, and then press now the volume up to proceed into Download Mode.
- Connect Your Device using USB Cable connector make sure you use your USB Cable connector for your A& (2017).
- While Odin Tool is running, after you connect your device to PC or laptop you will see an indication that your device is detected by Odin tool, once you see a COM on odin tool it means your device is successfully detected(Screenshot provided).
- Now Extract the CWMR custom recovery and then you will a .img file on it. (example recovery.img)
- Next click “PDA or AP” from your Odin Tool then locate the extracted CWMR image or .img then hit ok or open to select.
- Once done, make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked on Options box.
- Click START button to begin flashing or installing a custom recovery.
- Once done flashing you will now see a green icon on Odin tool, it means that CWMR custom recovery is successfully flashed to your device.
Step 2: How To Flash SuperSU zip File Via CWMR
Since we are done flashing the CWMR we are now ready to flash the SuperSU zip file to root your Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) just follow the steps or guide below.
- Place the SuperSU zip file to your SD Card or Internal Storage device
- Turn Off Device then boot to CWMR (Volume Up + Power + Home Key)
- Scroll down using the volume down or Volum up to scroll up and then locate or find the “flash zip from SD card” and then press power button to select and locate the SuperSU zip file where you place it then press again the power button to select and start flashing the zip file.
- Do not interrupt your device until flashing is successfully completed rooting.
- Turn On your device and check SuperSU app.
Congratulations you now successfully root Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) versions, to ensure your device is rooted just go to Google Play Store and install Root Checker. cheers!