Guide on How you can ROOT and Flash Custom Recovery for MyPhone My33
There are 3 solutions to root your MyPhone My33 and we will be going to provide it here, just choose 1 of the rooting procedure that works for your device, also take note that rooting your device has a disadvantage so make sure you understand clearly the circumstances before rooting your device.
Rooting and Flashing Custom ROM or Tweaking to any Android Phone has a huge disadvantage and might leads to a permanent brick, or you might be encountered bugs, Android Crawl Blog is not responsible for any damage you will encounter during flashing this Custom ROM, the only solution for that is to Re-flash Stock ROM firmware, also flashing custom ROM will void your Warranty so DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Download MyPhone My33 Custom ROM (Asus ZenGo ROM)
- Download MyPhone my33 Stock ROM Official with Flashing Guide
MyPhone My33 Rooting Tutorial #1 – High Risk
“Via Rocover Mode”
- Download Android.com-root.zip and place it to your sdcard memory.
- Boot To Recovery Mode just Turn off your device and then Press and HoldPOWER + Volume UP + Volume Down and then released the button and press again the Volume up once the Recovery Mode show.
- Tap on screen Install Via zip and then locate the Android.com-root.zip in SD Card then install.
- After Process is completed you can now reboot.
MyPhone My33 Rooting Tutorial #2 – Medium Risk
- Unlock bootloader: – Boot for the first time your device. I recommend to NOT register/login/add Wifi/add accounts/etc., because the unlock process DELETES all your data in the device. So to go faster, skip all, and go directly to SETTINGS. In section ABOUT DEVICE, enable the developer options with eight time picks over “Build number”. Then in SETTINGS/DEVELOPER OPTIONS, enable the option “OEM unlocking”. Then power off.
Boot your device to Fastboot mode (hold power button and vol up) choose fastboot mode or boot into bootloader), then connect your phone to PC via USB cable. Open folder fastboot from minimal adbfastboot tool(run as administrator)Click Run me.bat
- Execute in your computer the command “fastboot oem unlock”, say YES with “vol+” and “power” buttons. Then select reboot. This ERASES completely your device (factory restore), but the bootloader will be UNLOCKED! Two reboots needed.
- Install custom Recovery: Download Clock Work MOD Recovery (CWMR Custom Recovery)
- copy this recovery.img inside (minimal adb fastboot tool folder)
- Boot in the BOOTLOADER mode. Then execute command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- and then “fastboot reboot”.
- Copy last beta of SuperSU v2.52 to your SD Card (file BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip). Click Here
Boot in the CWM with “Vol+” and “Power” buttons.
Note: CWMnot toucheable to navigate use Vol up and down button (down and up) and Power button (OK)
- Install ZIP from external-sd card.
- Reboot and don’t select “fix root”, only “Yes”.
- After boot, start SuperSU and configure it. Root done!
MyPhone My33 Rooting Tutorial #3 – Low Risk
“Via PC and Flash via SPFT“
- Download all necessary files and Enable USB Debugging modein your phone..
- Install Drivers USB_VCOM_Driver.rar In Device Manager Right click on PC name(Right Side) and then click on Add legacy hardware as shown in the image below.
- Now Click on Next and select Install this driver software anyway and wait for finishing the process.
- After installation is completed,restart your computer to make the changes take effect.
- Extract SPFlash tool and my33-cwm-recovery+scatter.zip
- Copy the BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip to your phone.
- Open flash_tool.exe, click on the Download Tab
- Click Scatter-loading and browse for the scatter file(included in the My33 CWM RECOVERY+Scatter file) (MT6592_Android_scatter)
- Make sure flashing mode is set to “Download Only” and check mark only on the Recovery.
- Click Download.
- Turn off your phone, connect your phone to the PC and wait for the flashing to commence.
- After the Download, you will see a Green Check notification appears.
Important: Disconnect your phone from the computer, press and hold Vol Up + Power.
Boot menu will show, select Recovery.
From the custom recovery (CWM), it is recommended to backup your phone first, before rooting.
Reboot your phone then press and hold Vol Up + Power Onthe CWM Recovery , click Install zip.
- Choose zip from storage/sdcard1
- Select or locate the file BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip to your SD Card then tap it.
- Tap Yes Install BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip.
- Flash it, no need to wipe cache. Wait to finish. Once completed then reboot!
- Enjoy your rooted MY33.
How Do I Know If My Device is Successfully Rooted?
Well, this is the common questions ask for all beginners out there who wanted to root their device, and the answer is when you can install some applications that required root access privileges or you can download the popular apps called root checker from google play store to check if your device is rooted.
NOTE: After rooting.
Download and Install Root Explorer/ES File Explorer and install.
Go to root/system/ and rename recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak.
Sam toledanes for screeenshot in Cwm
How to root MyPhone my33 using PC, root MyPhone my33 via fastboot, tutorial on how to rooy Myphone my33, How to Fix MyPhone My33