HOW TO ROOT LENOVO A706
Rooting Lenovo A706 is now easy using only and application with just one tap you are rooted, lots of Lenovo A706 user’s here in Philippine’s are getting interested on how to root their device for some reason that they wan’t to have a custom ROM or install permission apps like Root Explorer, Titanium Backup and many more application that is requiring rooted device. So basically when you root your device you are aware of being void warranty and in some cases might damage your dave.
For more details about what is the benefits and what is the disadvantage of rooting your android device click here.
Lenovo A706 Quick View of Specs
Type Smartphone Connection
OS Android OS ver Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
SIM Mini SIM
Dual SIM CPU
CPU Speed 1.2GHz Storage 4GB
RAM 1GB External Storage 1 micro-USB, 1 audio jack, 1 microSD up to 32GB
Battery Up to 16 hours talk time, 230 hours standby
Display Size 4.5 inches (~218 ppi pixel density) Resolution 854 x 480
3G 2G GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G HSDPA 900 / 2100 4G (LTE)
Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
Main Camera 5 MP Front Camera 0.3 MP
Dimensions 136x 10.4 x 69 mm Weight Starting at 130g
We will going to guide you on how to root your Lenovo A706, so first and foremost you will need to download the apps below, there are 3 apps for rooting your device (Framaroot, Baidu Root, Root Master) so choose what ever you want, mostly of Filipino Lenovo a706 users are using Framaroot but it always depends on you as long as it works.
- FRAMAROOT v1.5.3 2.03MB (xda version) by alephzain *recommended
Credits: Facebook groups of LENOVO A706 PH, XDA
(Paalala: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Sundin ang pagkakasunod-sunod ng procedure. At once your rooted wag nang gumamit ng ibang rooting apps masisira su binary nyo, pag nangyari yun just re-root ulit.)
(Warning: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Please follow the guide step by step procedure. If your device is rooted already do not try to root another application to root it again because it will damage your Binary SU, if it happens you will need it to root it gain.
STEPS ON HOW TO ROOT LENOVO A706
So below are the instructions or guide on how to root your cherry mobile amber 1 device, take note that you must first backup your application before rooting your android device so that you can restore it anytime.
Make Sure also that you upgrade your Lenovo A706 until you see the “Device is up to date”, how to check update just simply go to your Settings>About Phone>Update Software.
- First is you need to backup data, you have a lot of choices to backup your data using any backup data tool or application that is available in google play store, click here for backup guide.
- After you backup your application or any data in your device that you want to backup and restore later after rooting, download Framaroot 1.5.3.apk application, after you download it go to the file manager and find the Framaroot application, most of the downloaded file are stored in internal storage so go to file Manager>Download and fine Framaroot that you download earlier after that open and install it, in some cases you might need to enable “unknown resources” to install APK file so go to your Settings>Security>Unknown Sources then check the check-box right beside the “unknown resources” then go back to APK application of Framaroot and install it, we are sure enough that we can install the file.
- After installing Framaroot open the application and then select or tap the Install SuperSU, Unroot or Execute script (for advanced users) after that you will now see the success prompt and then you might need to reboot your android device to take effect the rooting procedure and your Cherry Mobile Amber is now rooted.
- To make sure that your Cherry Mobile Amber is successfully rooted you can use application “Root Checker” that is free to download in Google Play Store.
Installing or Flashing CWMR
So of course if you are done rooting your Lenovo A706 the next thing you will need to do before doing any flashing tweaks, custom ROM, or performing backup in recovery you need to have a custom recovery like CWMR, so to do this you need first to download the essential files that is needed to flash custom recovery so below are the list of the files you need to download.Rashr Flash Tool
Rashr Flash Tool is free to download in Google Play Store so install it first then after that download the Custom Recovery ffile below and place it your SD CARD.ClockWorkMod(CWMR)
So basically the main question for all the beginner users is “What is Custom Recovery or ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWMR)?“, to make the answer short and easy to understand custom recovery is use for flashing any custom ROM or doing backup as well as flashing tweaks.
Now that we have all the files we need to flash custom recovery so we are going now to start installing or flashing CWMR for your Lenovo A706.
Once you are successfully rooted and check it using Root Check apps, your next is to install clockworkmod recovery or custom recovery in-order you to flash custom ROM.
Steps On How To Install or Flash Custom Recovery
- Extract the A706CWM_SDok.zip that you download earlier and after that you will see the files that has a name of recovery.img and place it to your SD Card Root Directory
- Install Rashr Flash Tool if you don’t install it yet and open the Rashr Flash Tool and you will see the promt that asking to grant root permission just simple tap the grant permission.
- Then after that tap Recovery from Storage and locate recovery.img from where you place the extracted recovery.img file (in this case we put it in our SD Card root Directory). You will be ask to proceed and once successful, you will then be asked if you want reboot to recovery. Go ahead and accept it.
How To Boot Boot In CWMR Manually
Turn Off Your Lenovo A706 Device and PRESS and HOLD Volume UP+Volume Down, while powering on your device. Don’t release until you see the RECOVERY OPTION.
Congratulations! you now have CWM installed and ready to flash new custom ROMs, tweaks etc to your Lenovo A706 Device, for more details, FAQ and other concerns just simple leave a comment below or contact us.