This tutorial is for all who Xiaomi users, who wanted to flash MIUI Stock ROM for their specific model, but before you can start the process make sure that you download the MIUI Stock ROM firmware, you can check the complete list for Xiaomi MIUI Stock Firmware and download it first before proceeding on this process, this post will teach you how you can Install or Flash MIUI Stock Firmware on any Android Devices of Xiaomi phones.
Take note that by flashing your Stock ROM firmware you will follow the steps provided here carefully, this will totally restore your original phone settings and firmware, also this will give you a full unroot, and even you can downgrade for specific version you think really works for your, or you can upgrade by simply flashing the latest Firmware which is not detected to your Xiaomi phone.
Xiaomi Flashing Firmware Pre-Requisites
Before you do the process please take note that this pre-requisite guide below is essential for you to get a successful flashing of your firmware, if you have a question you can also please a comment below.
- This tutorial is for MIUI Xioami users only.
- While Installing or Flashing the Firmware for Xiaomi Make sure you follow the steps correctly, we are not responsible for any issues or damage you might encounter during the process.
- Get the Mi Flash Tool to be used for Flashing on fastboot mode.
- Download and install USB Drivers to PC to be able to read your phone from PC and it is necessary so please make sure you install it ( You can also refer to this post for more USB Drivers if not working ).
- Perform a full backup of your important files such as music, apps, games, videos, documents you can try the best app for root and non-rooted below.
Steps to Install or Flash MIUI Stock ROM for All Xiaomi Phone
- First of all, To Install via Recovery, you need to download Recovery ROM
- Now connect your Xiaomi device to PC and copy the downloaded file to the downloaded_rom folder in your Internal Storage.
- Launch ‘Updater‘ app in your device.
- Click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- now press OK to start the flashing process.
- Done. Your device will reboot after the flashing is done.
Steps to Flash MIUI Firmware via Fastboot :
- Download the MIUI xxxx Fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi devices
- Now turn your device off completely. Press the Volume– key and the Power button simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
- Once you have entered fastboot mode, you will see the Mi Bunny Fastboot mode picture (See image below)
- Now connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- You need to double click on the downloaded ROM file to extract it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, and copy its path on the computer.
- To install Mi Flash Tool, Download Mi Flash Tool Zip and Extract the MIUI MI Flash tool on your computer.
- Now click on the installer file on your computer and continue the installation. (Ignore the security warning) and select run to continue the installation.
- After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste the address bar from the ROM file folder path copied in the 6th step. (You can also browse the folder by tapping the Select button)
- If you have pasted the Address code, Now Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Your flashing process has started, Now Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Once you see the indication of result with a green that says “success”, it means that you successfully flash or install the MIUI Stock ROM Firmware for Xiaomi Devices, you can now then test your device by simply opening the phone to its normal way.