Flash Android STOCK ROM for Beginners
This step is for all Mediatek devices that is currently looking for a step by step guide on how they are going to safely use the SP flash tool and flash there STOCK ROM to recover from being softbrick, hardbrick, bootloop and any other issues that they might encounter during the process, and one of the main reason is they are trying to flash custom ROM but encountered problems, well this blog posat will give you a correct detail information on how you are going to correctly use SP Flash tool.
On this tutorial we will going to use a mt6572 for a scatter file using SP Flash Tool v5.13, but before you can flash STOCK ROM you need to install a driver for your device to make it readable to any windows computer, I preffered windows 7 or windows 10 for this process, but we also need your common sense and follow the steps carefully.
Things You Need Before Doing The Steps
Now below are the things you need to consider before start flashing some STOCK ROM, and take note that you make sure you choose a STOCK ROM that is compatible for your device, do not try to flash STOCK ROM that is not compatible for your Android Phone Brand or Build Number.
- You need to have at least 70% before you do this process to avoid interruption.
- Backup all your important images, videos and apps to a secured SD Card or transfer it to your PC or Laptop.
- You need to have a PC or Laptop (Windows).
- USB Cable for your Android Phone to connect on PC.
- Presence of Mind.
We are not responsible for any thing you might encountered during the process, just follow the steps carefully and if you have doubt just leave a comment below, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!.
Files Needed for this Process
Installing Drivers from PC or Laptop (Windows OS)
- Just Download the Mediatek Driver and then extract the file using 7zip o Winrar after that open the extracted files and then choose any exe file that is compatible for you Windows OS whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Before your device connect to PC just open first the Device manager and then after that remove your device battery and just plug in you android phones to PC using USB Cable, in this process you will see MT65xx device appear for around 5 seconds, that you will see on Device Manager under Other Devices now if you see it just automatically right click it and choose update driver and just simply choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Another options, to find right driver for your phone is to open your internet while your phone is connected without the battery and automatically searching driver for your phone.
- Download all necessary files and Enable USB Debugging mode in your phone..
- Install Drivers USB_VCOM_Driver.rar
- Now in Add Hardware Wizard click on Next » Install the Hardware that i manually select from a list (Advanced) » Show All Devices » Next » Have a Disk, Now select the any inf file from where you extracted the downloaded VCOM driver package.
- Go to PC Settings>General>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Disabled Driver Signature Enforcement>Then Restart
- Once you disabled. Then follow the procedure below to install the driver. Once success proceed to next step.
- Download SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01.rar and extract then click flash_ tool to open
- Click Scatter_loading and open your scatter file like image below(I’m using mt6572 scatter File)
- Check all except preloader. (If your device is hardbrick/deadboot apply check in preloader)
- Now hit download to start flashing.
Remove your phone to usb cable then insert your battery and On your android phone..Enjoy!
Note: If not reboot try factory reset in recovery mode of your phone.
NOTE: This tutorial was tested in Android 4.2 Jellybean Version but can work also to Android Kitkat 4.4.4 and 6.0 Marsmallow