How To Flash Sony Xperia Stock ROM Via FlashTool
Sony Xperia Stock ROM is essential if you wanted your Android Phone to fix, since Android given advanced users to have a root accessed in order for them to flash custom ROM or install tweaks or use apps that required root privileges, some issues is listed below.
- Soft Brick
- Hard Brick
- Restore Original Firmware or Stock ROM
So we will give you a complete step by step instruction’s to flash Sony Xperia Stock ROM (ftf firmware) using the tools below.
- PC or Laptop
- Xperia Device
- USB Connector
- Stock ROM or Firmware
- USB Driver of Sony Xperia
Requirements or Pre-requisites
Well before we start doing the flash guide you need to download all the files needed before we proceed on flashing and some important things to remember.
- Make sure that your Android Phone Battery had at least 50% or 60% capacity before doing the process to avoid any flash interruption.
- Presence of mind 🙂
- Read carefully the steps and if you have doubt just leave a comment or contact us.
Download Important Files Needed
- Sony Xperia USB Driver fo PC or Laptop. Download Here
- Sony Xperia FlashTool. Download Here
- Sony Xperia Stock ROM or Firmware that you download
Steps by Step Guide to Flash Sony Xperia Stock ROM or Firmware
- Step 1: Download and install Sony Xperia Driver on your computer. If in case Sony Xperia driver is already installed on your computer then SKIP this step.
- Step 2: Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see similar file (with .ftf extension)
- Step 3: Download and install Sony Xperia Flashtool on your computer (if you already have the FlashTool, then there is no need to download it again).
- Step 4: Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is installed, Open it from C:Drive > Flashtool.
- Step 5: Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen.
- Step 6: Now, click on the Flash Button.
- Step 7: Now, you will be able to see the Bootmode Chooser menu. Select Flashboot option and click on OK button.
- Step 8: Now, load the downloaded xperia firmware (.ftf) in the flashtool. By clicking on the Load Button.
- Step 9: Now, Select the loaded Firmware.
- Step 10: Now, Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing process.
- Step 11: Now, Power off your Xperia Device.
- Step 13: Once the device is successfully connected to the computer then you will be able to see the added message in Xperia Flashtool.
- Step 14: Now, flashing will begin and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Step 15: Once flashing process is completed, disconnect your device from the computer and Turn it On.
Keep in Mind:
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing the stock firmware is always a data loss process. So, always take a backup of your personal data before flashing the stock firmware.
[*] Sony Xperia Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device then head over to Download Sony Stock Firmware for all devices page.
[*] Sony Xperia Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device then head over to Download Sony USB Driver for all devices page.
[*] Credits: Xperia FlashTool was created by Androxyde. So, full credits goes to them for creating the Application for free.