Tutorial to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kitkat
Since this device was released last September 2013 the Android version of this is Jelly Bean 4.3, so right now there is a new version of this that is only for non-rooted users, so make sure that you are not performing root process because when you upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kitkat 4.4.2 you need not to be rooted all you have to do is follow the steps provided here, as we will going to guide you how you can upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 3 safely without worrying, because it is 100% safe to all who has this kind of device.
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Using Chainfire Utility
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy C7 (2017) Complete Guide
- Download Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire APK Full List of Versions
Things You Need To Do Before Upgrading
Now, that you are ready to upgrade your device, make sure that you meet all the things needed before the upgrade, so we listed some important things to do before you do the process.
- Make sure that the version of your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is 4.2 Jelly Bean (to check go to your Settings>About Phone and then look for Android version)
- You need to have at least 60% of battery remaining to ensure that there is no interruption during the upgrade.
- No need to backup your data because all your apps, images and music will leave as it is, because it only upgrades your android and there is no clearing data when upgrading, that is why this is way more safe than rooting.
- You need to have a WiFi connection for faster downloading the upgrade file.
Steps On How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kitkat
- Open your device
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via WiFi connection by simply going to Settings>Wifi or you can also do Data Connection, but make sure you have the fastest data connection in your area.
- After connecting or having internet access, go to your Settings
- Now Scroll down below and look for About Phone and tap on it to open
- Then tap again the Software Update menu to open
- Then next is to tap the Software Update check to start checking the update and wait for a while until you see a popup of the upgrade details and how much is the capacity of the upgrade, and then hit ok to start downloading the upgrade.
- Wait until it completes, now your device will inform you that it will about to reboot, or if it ask you to reboot then just reboot.
- Now, after the device is rebooting, there is a Android Terminal recovery will load to the interface, and start working to the upgrade, do not try to interrupt the upgrade, just wait until it is completed, mostly the device will automatically reboot.
- after upgrade and the device will reboot, go to your Settings>About Phone and then see for yourself the new Android version of your device is Kitkat 4.4.2
- Congratulations you are now successfully upgraded your device, and might also try to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kitkat to 5.0 (Lollipop)
If you have any question’s or clarifications regarding this post please leave your comment below.