How To Root Your ASUS Zenfone Selfie
ASUS Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL is known here in Philippines because of it’s great camera specs that has a 13 Megapixel back and front view and I think this is the first android smartphone’s that is release that has a 13 mega pixel front camera if I am not mistaken, it has a lot of great feature’s and I know that all of the users that love capturing a selfie photo might like this one.
For more details about what is the benefits and what is the disadvantage of rooting your android device click here, before rooting your ASUS Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL you need to download first the files below.
- Your ASUS Zenfone Selfie Device Of-course 🙂
- Computer or Laptop that has an Operating System (OS) like windows 7 (Make sure that your drivers are installed properly. This mean your computer/laptop recognizes your device)
- USB Cable
- Files needed (UnlockApp.apk, ADB folder, TWRP image and flashable SuperSU zip file) – Download Here
- BRAIN – the most important! 😀
Follow The Procedure’s Below to avoid problem’s and also to avoid any circumstances that might lead your device to permanently damage, so below are the step by step guide on how to root and install TWRP custom recovery in your android device ASUS Zenfone Selfie, take note that this tutorial or guide is only for ASUS Zenfone Selfie 32GB and 16GB.
- Extract the ZENFONE SELFIE RECOVERY-TWRP-ROOT.zip
- You can see now 4 files in the folder.
- Copy the UnlockApp_1211_ZD551KL.apk to your Device’s SD card.
- Install the UnlockApp_1211_ZD551KL.apk on your device.
- (You must be connected to WIFI) Open the UnlockApp then tick check box confirming the licence agreement and OKAY.
- Then another check box you need to tick then press unlock
- Wait until it finish and it will reboot your device automatically
You were now successfully unlock the bootloader of your device
For Rooting process later: Copy the BETA-SuperSU-v2.66-20160103015
Now let us flash the TWRP recovery image.
- From the ZENFONE SELFIE RECOVERY-TWRP-ROOT folder, extract the AndroidSDKSlim.zip.
- Copy the twrp-3.0.0-0-Z00T.img and paste it to the extracted AndroidSDKSlim – platform-tools folder (ZENFONE SELFIE RECOVERY-TWRP-ROOTAndroidSDKSlim.zipandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools)
- Rename it to recovery.img
- Turn off your Zenfie. Then reboot to bootloader by pressing power button and volume up simultaneously.
- Then connect your zenfie to your computer/laptop. (Make sure that your computer recognizes it)
- Inside the platform-tools folder, press Shift (on your keyboard) + right click (on your mouse) then select Open command window here
- Type these command below:
-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (press enter)
-fastboot oem reboot-recovery (press enter)
- Wait and it will reboot to TWRP recovery.
You were now successfully flash TWRP recovery on your device
Now let us proceed Rooting your device.
- In the TWRP recovery, Choose Install
- Press Select Storage then choose MicroSD. press Okay
- Look for the BETA-SuperSU-v2.66-20160103015
.zip (located usually on the bottom) and select
- Then Swipe to confirm flash and wait until it is finish.
- Then reboot.
To make sure that your ASUS Zenfone Selfie is successfully rooted you can use application “Root Checker” that is free to download in Google Play Store.
HOW TO UNROOT?
- Download the correct firmware of your phone to Asus Website(click here).
- Place the firmware to root of SDcard.
- Reboot to recovery. If you are using TWRP you need to flash first the stock recovery.
- Select “Apply update from SDcard”
- Reboot. Done. No need to wipe if you are flashing same or higher version of firmware.
Congratulations! you successfully root and install TWRP custom recovery to your ASUS Zenfone Selfie and now your next step is to flash new custom ROMs, tweaks etc for your ASUS Zenfone Selfie, for more details, FAQ and other concerns just simple leave a comment below or contact us.