Flash Lenovo A706 Jelly Bean Stock ROM Full Unroot And Get Back To Original Factory Settings
If you want to restore your Lenovo A706 to it’s original estate from an get rid of being rooted then this tutorial will help you a lot, we assume that you have already installed custom recovery like CWMR if not then click here.
What is a ROM? FIRMWARE?
- FIRMWARE/ROM is the operating system of your phone. Your phone is useless without it. —Huwag kayong malilito dahil ang ROM at FIRMWARE ay iisa lamang.
- ROMs/Firmwares can be Classified either as:
- STOCK ROM, which is the out-of-the-box ROM, installed on your phone when you purchase it.
- CUSTOM ROM, as the name denotes, a customized or modified version of the Android operating system. Tweaks, additional features, different themes or an enhanced performance are usually included. Custom ROMs also offer the possibility to use a newer, unreleased, version of Android on your phone that might usually not be available for your device because of restrictions from manufacturer or providers.
HOW TO RESTORE FACTORY STOCK ROM
- DON’T FORGET to create backup of personal files or even you sdcard. just incase you want to get back your current installed Custom ROM.
- Download and extract A706stockrom.zip(version S118-130705), you will find a qsb file inside. (qcom_sdcard_update.qsb)
- Open your FILE MANAGER and browse to External SD Card, and create a new folder named sdfuse. —take note: small caps sdfuse
- Go to the extracted A706stockrom, and move/cut/copy the qsb file(qcom_sdcard_update.qsb) inside the sdfuse folder you created.
- Turn off your phone.
- Power it on again, using press/hold Volume UP+ Power. —this will take you to droidboot.
- Select item #4.SD update using volume keys and press power key to enter.
- Press power key again to start SD update. Once successful, press power key again to reboot your phone.
- Congratulations! You have now restored your Lenovo Phone to a full factory setting(UnRooted and Stock Recovery) and restored it’s warranty!
NOTE: IF your previous installed ROM is any of the 4.4.4 Kitkat ROMS, you need to flash any 4.1 ROMS first to re-enable droidboot.
If you’re having trouble updating from version S118-130705 to S120-130821, you can download this official update A706_S120_update.zip and flash it via stock recovery. (to enter stock recovery, turn off your phone, press/hold volUp+volDown then press power on)
You can also read the included tutorial inside A706stockrom.zip.
BOOTLOOP? You can also fix your bootlooped lenovo phone using this method.
- There is also Custom RECOVERY STOCK ROM, that you can install using your fave custom recovery(CWM, TWRP or Philz Touch). –but this will NOT restore your phone’s warranty, since custom recovery will still be retained.
- Download A706ROW_1_S_2_001_0023_140116.zip by Fudorio Arkananta
- Reboot to CWM/Philz Touch Recovery.
- Wipe Factory Reset. Wipe Cache and Wipe dalvik-cache.
- Select Install.zip,
- Select “choose zip from external sdcard”
- Locate A706ROW_1_S_2_001_0023_140116.zip.
- Flash A706ROW_1_S_2_001_0023_140116.zip
HOW TO BACKUP CURRENT ROM
(Note: Enough space on your sd card/internal memory where you will save backup.)
- Boot into recovery mode (hold power button+ up/down volume keys)
- Select Back up and Restore
- Select “Back up” (If you wish to save it on your internal memory) or
Select “Back up to external sd card” (recommended)
- Wait for it to complete…
- Reboot system now.
Want a Video Tutorial? click here
(it’s good to test your created backup if it’s working without error)
- Boot into recovery mode
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Advanced/ Wipe Dalvik cache
- Go back and Select “Back up and Restore”
- Select “Restore from external sdcard”
- Yes- Restore (wait for it to complete)
- Reboot system now…
Want a Video Tutorial? click here